Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Neil Spiller

I excitedly returned home early from work today for the long Thanksgiving weekend with a million ideas and plans spiraling around in my brain.  In the course of fooling around with Instagram, photographing work, and tightening up website images and looking through old files, I was excited to unearth a photocopy that I remember making years ago in my college library.  Although I had been thinking all this time that these were sketches by Lee Bontecou, I realized upon further inspection that they are in fact by a Neil Spiller.  I researched him to discover that he is a British researcher specializing in architecture and digital theory.  More exploration revealed a treasure trove of inspirational drawings.  Explosions of ink layered with well rendered amorphic forms and structural grids.  So glad I have left myself a trail of crumbs leading back to the deep-seated a priori thing that made me want to make art in the first place...






No comments: