Friday, June 5, 2020

The Young and the Restless





I shot this video footage of my sister in a hotel in Pennsylvania the evening after my aunt's memorial service. In a state of partial dress and infected by the spirit of her Spanks undergarments, my sister, who is a mother of three and a full-time nurse, took on a different persona. I was fortunate enough to capture her alternate persona on video. I added the theme music from "The Young and the Restless" , called "Nadia" as a nod to the drama which pervades many of our familial relationships. Growing up in the 80's, we would run in from school, and throw on the TV to encounter the discordance of this unusual theme music which came to punctuate our days for a short time; we would usually run back outside to play basketball with our older neighbor, John McNulty. Basketball was my sister's obsession, and we would talk about Villanvova's team while practicing dribbling and layups.

No comments: