Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Something I finished today...




This is a footstool that I made at NEW (Non traditional Employment for Women) and a pic of me graduating. I spent the last six weeks going through this program with the expectation that they will help me get a job as an Ornamental Ironworker. That means joining a union, and what I've learned is that the union aspect is just as important as the Ironworker aspect. Now its a waiting game. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this program. I would love to tell you about it.

The stool is a gift for my sister's kiddies so they can brush their teeth so their little teeth don't rot out of their heads. I painted it and covered it in polyesther resin and now it so FUCKING SHINY, I want to lick it (but won't do so until its dry). God Bless the wet look.

No comments: