Friday, February 16, 2007

Leaving new orleans

Okay, i've done the new orleans thing. these may be lake-torn suburbs, but they are suburbs none the less, and frankly, i am a little bored and sick of getting heckled by the construction workers. If only they knew, i am one of them! I dig holes and lug cinderblocks too! Aww hell.

Another reason its time for me to get out of here is one of the people i am staying with is God-fearing, and i think she wants to save my soul. Such futility! i did have a dream the other day that judgement day arrived. i was lying in a feild, and suddenly the sky opens up, and this blaze of light shines down (all super cliche-like) and the people around me started having discussions about whether or not they thought ol God was going to take them in or not. I immediately knew i was screwed, and had that sinking feeling you get when your getting fired or get caught stealing a pack of gum.

I will be off tomorrow to visit my mom mom in New Port Richey Florida. She's deaf as hell, and fixates on my presence, which I find infuriating. but she is a very remarkable woman. Mom Mom Marge is 93 years old, and still goes out and parties every night. And she doesn't just go out, she is the bell of the ball at the Knights of Columbus, the Irish American and Polish American Club. She dances with every man that will give her a spin, and she gets marriage proposas constantly to which she replies, "I don't want to be held down". She gets up every morning and does a battery of excersizes that would put a marine to shame. she gets bored of me fast because i can't keep up with all her. I admire her because she enjoys the hell out of every little thing she does.

I will also be visiting the amazing Ramy Ramjet Superhero, my very debaucherous friend from college. We wil sit in her swampy yard and drink mint juleps and sing karaoke.

good night.

No comments: